Nevada Utility Information
Whether you’re moving into a brand-new home or a short-term rental, chances are you’ll have to establish utility service. While it may seem like a hassle to turn on service for a short-term location, all services are easily transferred once you find permanent housing.
Most local utility service providers allow online bill pay and specialized payment plans. Before you begin hook-up, make sure you have the following information on hand:
- Contact information from previous utility companies (including phone number, address, account number and where applicable, letter of deposit/credit)
- Details of your place of employment (address, phone, supervisor or human resources contact name)
- Driver’s license and Social Security card
- Your new address and phone number
- Date you need service to begin
NV Energy has served customers in Southern Nevada since 1906.
Customer Service: 702.402.5000
Customer Service: 702.402.5555
Outage Reporting: 702.402.2900
Southwest Gas has provides safe and reliable natural gas service to Las Vegas for over 50 yrs.
Main Line: 877.860.6020
Las Vegas offers several options when it comes to TV service providers.
CenturyLink™: Phone: 702-222-4444
Cox Communictions: Phone: 702.933-9811
Direct TV: Phone: 888.795.9488
(LVVWD) has been supplying Southern Nevada with water since 1954.
Customer Service: 800.252.2011
Call Before You Dig: 800.227.2600
Republic Services provides refuse removal services valley-wide.